Here are 10 sales tactics that boost your revenues.
- Cold calling: It’s as fun as pulling teeth, but it has to be done.
- Don’t sell: Instead of leading with your product, try approaching prospects as a problem-solver.
- Find pain points: Why do customers need your product? Each customer has a different need, so don’t assume they’re all the same. Find out what their pain points are. Find out what’s of value.
- Listen more than you talk: Startups are particularly guilty of this. They’re so excited to get a meeting with a prospect, they end up doing all the talking and don’t get to understand their customer’s point of view, pain points etc.
- Talk benefits not features: Most sales people make the mistake of talking about features. Customers buy results. So always focus on the benefits, and make them abundantly clear.
- Referrals: You’ve got to time this well. Don’t ask too soon, but do ask. After one month of using your product or service, ask them how they’re getting on, and if they respond positively, ask “do you know anyone else who might be interested in our XXX”.
- Grow your network: Get out there and start networking and start building relationship equity. Identify two industry events to attend each quarter and go.
- Build relationships: Be genuinely interested in people, when you engage with a new prospect or client, get to know them; whenever you speak to them always make a point to find out one non-work related matter about them. Figure out ways to add-value, to help them.
- Follow-up: This seems obvious, but I’ll say it anyway. Follow-up with every meeting with exactly what you said you would do. Most sales people don’t do this.
- Competition: During a sales conversation you’ll inevitably be asked “who’s your competition”. Be completely cordial and professional and don’t say a single negative thing about them as this reflects badly on you. Instead, focus on your positive attributes.
Have we missed any? Which sales tactics do you use most often, and which give you the best results?
Subscribe to receive all our goodies in your inbox and you’ll get a free tool to help you build rapport and close more sales by asking the right questions!
Leave a Reply