Do you want to know the secret to sales success?
In August of 2008, my beloved returned from a holiday in India. She brought me back a gift from the bustling East Indian metropolis of Kolkata. The gift was a little red book.
When I started reading the book I couldn’t put it down. After several hours I finished the book and my mind was blown. Since then I’ve re-read that book every year.
The book is The Go Giver: A little story about a powerful business idea. And my guest for this week’s Mindful Sales podcast is Bob Burg, co-author of The Go Giver. Bob is a sought-after speaker at leadership and sales conferences. He regularly addresses audiences ranging from 50 to 16,000, where he has shared stages with thought leaders, broadcast personalities, Olympic athletes and political leaders including a former United States President.
The Go-Giver is my favourite sales book, it’s like the Alchemist for sales books, and is the subject of our conversation. Go ahead and listen to the interview.
Summary of topics covered with Bob Burg
1. What the book The Go Giver is about
2. What is a go-giver (and what it isn’t) and why it’s crucial for success
3. Do you have to be pushy and aggressive, especially when you’re selling, to win?
4. The 5 laws of stratospheric success
5. 1 habit we can start developing in order to be successful and attract success the go-giver way
You can buy The Go Giver here
A neat video about the book.
What did you think?
What was your biggest take away from the interview? Would love to hear your thoughts in the comments below.